12th IAEE European Energy Conference
9. - 12. September 2012
Ca' Foscari University of Venice
The conference will be organized by the AIEE (Associazione Italiana degli Economisti dell'Energia), one of the largest European affiliates of IAEE (International Association for Energy Economics), with the support of Ca' Foscari University of Venice and Fondation Eni Enrico Mattei.
Description / table of contents
The following topics will be at the base of the presentations and discussions:
- Extending the horizons of energy regulation in Europe
- Learning by doing: cost reductions for RES
- Technological development: the roadmap approach
- Energy storage and its effects on the market
- Changes in the geo-political situation after North Africa
- Smart grids and smart meters
- Unbundling in the gas sector
- Market instruments for energy efficiency
- Non-conventional hydrocarbon supplies
- A sectorial approach to energy efficiency in industry
- The European automotive industry and the challenge of energy for transportation
- The NIMBY syndrome for RES
- The formation of prices in gas and electricity markets
- Energy from biomass and the EU agricultural policy
- Energy poverty in developed countries
- Access to energy in developing countries
- Nuclear industry after Fukushima
- The impact of PV on the merit order
- Renewable energy policies
- Sustainable communities and citizen-led activities
- The "resource curse"
- Energy innovation and patenting.
More information can be found on the conference website.
Via Giorgio Vasari, 4